Wednesday 10 November 2010

Running through my head for the last couple days is a verse extrapolated from a chant by Kate West and the Hearth of Hecate and adapted in a song by Damh the Bard.

"Lady weave your circle Bright,
Weave your web of dark and light,
Earth, Air, Fire and Water
Bind us now to thee"

These words have been with me for three days, waking, sleeping (though precious little of that) and at odd times when my mind is on idle mode.

They resonate well with me as does the old adage and salutation of brow-lips-heart. "An open mind, truthful lips and an honest heart"

With the potential of Earthshrine looming in the distance we're waiting now for the framework to be set in place. With this group I can see a group of committed, loyal, competent, willing and able practitioners to be able to work together. I would love this group to become a true clann, coven, family and be able to support one another through both their magical and mundane lives. To put their personal commitment to being practicing witches before their comfort zone. To be willing to come out into the streaming darkness for ritual, to enjoy long evenings together, laughing, eating and drinking.

I am willing to place my name here, to be one of them, to be in there at the beginning, I am wondering who else will step up to the plate, who will look out into the rain and darkness of these winter nights and simply nod and head out. What others will also be there I wonder....

There are so many changes occurring in my life that are flowing right now. The transition in diet, the commitment to exercise and outdoor living once more, wanting to provide for myself rather than rely on the huge carbon-footprint of the supermarkets. I itch to move and can't help wondering what the PTB are up to this time and for how long I will be here, in this place, now. I've never lived in an area, except while growing up for over 10 years. Restraints are falling away and the Night Owl flexes his wings, preparing to fly....the time is not now....but it will be...soon.

4 comments:

  1. Im sure you dont need me to tell you that we both will step up to the mark where Earthshrine is concerned Bear! As always our feet will be beside yours, our hearts and minds committed to what the Old Ones require of us, come rain, come shine, come day or night! We need to get those of us who are sorting it out together asap and make some firm decisions, Im off at the weekend, Lee is not, but we could be available in the evenings, and you'd be welcome to meet here again, feasting and drinking optional but always available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an update, H isnt going to be free for a while, so unless there is more we need to discuss, or others we want to talk with, I dont think there is much more we can do re EarthShrine until H is free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bear, both Dan and I are ready with open hands, hearts and heads for the coming of Earthshrine, to once again work with the Old Ones. All we require is a word from you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember some fabulous outdoor rites with you Brother Bear - one in particular springs to mind involving a frisbee and a foot of snow. Being part of the elements is so much a part of being a witch; feeling the earth and wind and ice and heat, just another way to connect with all that is. Good wishes to you with this new adventure, I hope it proves a fruitful and rewarding path to follow for you.

    ReplyDelete