Monday 8 November 2010

Thoughts

Curious thoughts this morning pre-waking, waking and post-waking it appears, the usual quasi-waking dream turned into a clear image of a forge, one familiar to me as one that one of my closest friends, ex-lovers and recently passed companions  owned.

In it a familiar figure was taking old, battered and broken weapons from a stack at the rear of the forge, breaking them into smaller pieces and tossing them into an enormous crucible to melt and burn off the impurities and flaws. I watched for a time as he poured the shining, molten metal into forms for sword blanks, and other things like ploughshares. The scene fast-forwarded to him taking the sword blanks and beginning the tiring process of hammering the metal out and folding it back, rehammering it and folding to craft a better weapon.

My thought process on waking was, this is like us. We become damaged through our daily lives, the things we endure, the stress we go through and we become reforged at times of our lives. We are annealed into something else, something new. We do not forget the things of the past because they are part of us but we learn to deal with them, accepting their lessons and pain as part of our lives and no longer a source of stress.

It occurs to me that at significant times in our lives this occurs and obviously being broken down and reforged hurts which explains the pain we feel. Also sometimes the feeling of disconnectedness when we are 'molten'. Often we feel depressed, lonely, alone and sometimes angry when we are waiting for forging, which, again, is understandable.

The reforged blade remembers its past but is no longer vulnerable to it as the damage is gone. Also when metals are melted together they become stronger, more able to resist and be strong.

Thank you my friends, who are or have gone through this reforging at this time. Thank you for your metal of friendship, love, trust and support, in turn i can only offer my own metal in turn to aid you in your journey. Know that in this sharing we are bound together at this time to aid and assist one another. Welcome to my life, as, I trust, I am welcome in yours....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Bear - fantastic reflection which really speaks to my own soul and situation - love you baby xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, especially as I had that disconnected feeling today, on returning to work after 2 weeks of pagan living, seems to me the mundane existance of work holds no real thrill for me any more, living my life as a Witch, sharing with friends, connecting to the Land and the Old Ones is far more important than work. Seems the New Beginnings that we are sharing are just what the Lady ordered!

    Always welcome Brother Bear, in my heart, my hearth, my home and always in my life!

    ReplyDelete